Monday, April 26, 2010

The Lake Show




(Photo by VT)
I've been a fan of the Lakers since, well, since my father told me that's who I had to be a faof. I don't think there was much choice. Sundays during basketball season at Dad's house (every other weekend) consisted of learning how to bar-b-que chicken and watching tall, sweaty, men dressed in barely there short shorts and long socks, dribble a ball around and shoot it in the hoop. I loved every second of it: The rush when our team would score; The medley while going to a commercial break, the anxiety I felt of not knowing who was going to win! These were the days of Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and many other greats.
Now In my adult life I'm fortunate to attend these games every once in a while. Live in the stands, how it should be. The smell of McDonalds, 6 dollar hotdogs, and twelve dollar beer wafting around.
This Sunday my good friend Rachel and I attended the first game of the playoffs. The Lakers vs. The Thunder. Lets just say our inner cheerleaders came out in full force. And There's something to be said for Dad's free chicken legs after spending $14 on gluten free beer (YES! IT EXISTS!).
Thanks to Brown's amazing defense, Kobes obvious talent, and Paul Gasols knack for getting the ball in the hoop, we won!
Final score 87-79!



I want a Gluten-Free Beer. It's called Redbridge!
Rachel and I
Helpful Tips For Attending the Staples Center
  • Always try to arrive at least 20 minutes early. Allow time to walk from the car, stand in line, and of course get some treats before the game starts!
  • Parking is easy to come by, depending on how much you want to spend. Most lots range from $15-40. The farther away the parking lot is the cheaper it should be! My favorite place is on Los Angeles and 4th. It’s $15 and your car is watched the entire time.
  • There is plenty of places to eat before hand or after the game including: Trader Vics, The Farm, Wolfgang Pucks, The Yardhouse, Tosa Mexicano, and many more.
  • Also if you want to make a full day of it there’s the Grammy Museum and Lucky Strike Lanes to entertain the whole family.
  • The Staples Center is located at 1111 S Figueroa St
    Los Angeles, CA 90015







No comments:

Post a Comment